These three are so commonly used that we often don't think about their potential danger. Some of the top summertime pet poisons to watch out for are:
Salt Water: Excessive salt intake can lead to stomach upset, reduced coordination, and even seizures and brain swelling. Keep your pet safe by bringing fresh water to the beach.
Snail Bait: This is a common garden chemical when the weather gets warm. The active ingredient in most snail baits, metaldehyde, is highly toxic to pets if ingested and requires prompt veterinary care. Symptoms that occur are restlessness, vomiting, lack or coordination, and seizures.
Wrong Flea & Tick Medication: Since parasites are out in abundance this time of year, flea and tick medication is essential. It is important to choose one that fits your pet’s needs… Never apply dog flea medication to a cat and stick with the correct weight bracket to ensure your pet’s safety.